Use a magnet as part of your job search strategy
What is Magnet?
Magnet was founded in 2014. It is a not for profit social initiative. It was set up with the aim to eradicate the unemployment and underemployment problem prevailing amongst the youth.
Magnet is also the winner of the 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award from the Canadian Association of career Educators & Employers!
Magnet provides you with an opportunity to:
- highlight your education, employment history and skills
- Privately and securely disclose any relevant employment equity category such as a disability.
- Begin building your profile-Let magnet connect you with the right jobs and opportunities.
We highly recommend you check some videos on YouTube. You can visit the website of Magnet, where you will find services for job seekers, employers, partners and three services.
They have projects for disability, discovery projects and hire immigrants. They also have a blog and a page with testimonies of people that have benefited from using their website.
You can find the matching for job seekers and employers.
Just go to his website and sign up. We appreciate the capabilities of the website.
It’s different from a regular job search website. Indicate that instead of posting a résumé and then looking for the job, you post your profile and the job look for you. The technology behind it is unique.
For more information on different kinds of job availabilities, we highly recommend you to contact the immigration consultants of your city. Even on our website, you can find the immigration consultants of various cities like immigration consultants in Ludhiana, immigration consultants in Amritsar, immigration consultants in mohali etc.
Use Linkedin in your job search and networking in Canada.
What is Linked In?
- Linkedin is the largest professional networking site available today. Through linkedin you can connect to the other professionals in your industry.
When you sign up on linkedin and becomes member of it, you need to provide following details in your profile:-
- Employment history
- Education etc.
A Linkedin has professional network news feeds and a limited number of customizable modules. Basic membership for linkedin is free. Network members are called “Connections”. According to a recent survey by Randstad Canada, more than half of all Canadians use linkedin for job search, and a whopping 97 per cent of recruiters are active on the site.
Recommendations using linked In
- You need a professional photo.
- Showcase your skills and abilities, especially your international experience.
- Make sure that there are no typos in your profile proofread is the most
- keep your linked profile updated.
- Join target groups in your field.
- Follow the companies that you are interested in working for in your industry.
- Follow the best recruiters in your field that work with newcomers.